Thursday 25 September 2008

autumn

Leaves fall from the tree like

I’m sitting beneath the tree

lemmings jumping off a cliff,

thinking about life and how

fluttering as they fall and

this autumn day is actually

twirling in their decent.

quite beautiful with all its

As I each these leaves I

Colours and textures.

am reminded of Isaac

the many-fold splendour

newton. Gravity is yank-

of nature is something that

ing at the leaves like a child

almost softens the heart of

pulling a string, though

a cynic like me.

this kid obviously didn’t

my dry eyes almost weep,

attach the string to both

but I’ve seen this all before.

Sides, because it’s spinning

It’s pretty much the same

Like crazy, all unstable and

Thing over and over again.

Shaky, like a malfunctioning

It’s just repetition. Endless

parachute. Needless to say,

repetition for all eternity

it keeps on falling ‘till it meets

on and on and on and on

another one follows it

and on and on forever.

No comments: